Henry Louis gates

Henry Louis gates
This is me...

Don Quixote

Don Quixote

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I am Don Quixote

If Dr. Sexon is right, that the world is divided into pragmatic Sancho Panzas and idealistic Don Quixotes, I must confess that I am a Don Quixote. Every book that I love, I wish I could jump into like Mary Poppins into a chalk painting. Every time I read Gone with the Wind, I get the urge to wear corsets and hoop skirts, to waltz and flirt. I get so emersed in the books that I love, that I wish my emersion was literal. If I could, I would become a part of my favorite books. I would attentd Gatsby's parties, walk the halls of Hogwarts, interview Grace of Margaret Attwood's Alias Grace, watch the bull fights with Jake, from The Sun Also Rises. That's what I consider moving literature, when I am so involved with the pages that I would give anything to live them. I'm sure this is how Don Quixote felt, it's just that he believed that he could live them!

No comments: