Henry Louis gates

Henry Louis gates
This is me...

Don Quixote

Don Quixote

Saturday, October 25, 2008

About: My Book and Heart Shall Never Part

To me, one of the most interesting aspects of My Book and Heart Shall Never Part is it's form. On the first day of class we talked about literature's pervasiveness. It's everywhere, even in Chemistry, we said. Well, I believe that literature is also in the movies, just as poetry is in music. It makes sense: a popular book will recieve the honor of a hollywood stamp and play soon in a theater near you. I.E. the Davinci Code...
Well, if literature can be found anywhere, it does make sense that you can make an essay in any form...like a movie. And then I will agree with Ben and his frustration with technology. (It's supposed to work!) A written essay doesn't skip, but there are many things that words cannot do that cute kids can.

No comments: